Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Absolute Beauty.


We woke up at 3:30AM from our tents which were half way up the Merbabu mountain.  Then hiked to see this wonder at 3,100 meters.  The highest I have ever been.


Jumping off of Mount Merbabu.  Epic.


Standing at the edge of the world.
Two more volcanoes in the distance.  Not called the Ring of Fire for nothing.

With hot steam blowing from the bowels of the earth, Mike and I are pretty happy to be headed for some hot springs. A separate adventure from the hike.
A walk through a mountainside.



A 40km solo bike ride into some villages surrounding a lake.  I constantly had to ask where I was and how I could get back home.


Last photo gallery featured some boats filled with mud that is used for mushrooms.  This is how the mud goes from the boat unto land.  I thought about joining the mud delivery and then I saw this.  Than I changed my mind.


Rice as far as the eye can see.  With over 130 million people on the island of Java, over 800 people per square kilometer, if there isn't people on it, then it is a rice padi......or a volcano, rumor has it that those aren't the best to live on.


I was biking along and then there was an acre of land with over 30 people harvesting rice on it.  I think I said something like "God, you make a good earth!"


He breaks off football sized chunks of rocks all day.  He has done it for a year. He loves his work.   Why? He makes lots of money.  That would be $3 a day.  I will never complain about boring or low paying work in my life again.


This is a 'warung"--a style of Indonesian restaurant.  This is the kind of place I eat at a lot.  In this picture, chicken with peanut sauce is on the menu.

2 comments:

  1. Jason,
    Great pictures with interesting commentary!
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jason, I finally have a chance to comment because we, here at 8164, have all read your latest blog entry! You certainly have gift to weave words together--a gift from the Lord and a blessing to us and other readers. Communicating is an everyday essential endeavour! We pray that you will be a blessing to others as you strive to communicate verbally and then do so in your new 2nd language! Thanks again for your time and effort in blogging info to us. Much love and prayers, Mom

    ReplyDelete