Sunday, December 4, 2011

Picture this.

Outside her home, I am with the mother of the sick child (that child is not in the photo) which I referred to in the previous post.  The mother earns $8 a day rolling cigarettes for a cigarette company.  The co-owners of the company have $11 billion. We talked about that.  
After breaking it down for a while.....I looked around.....and there were people pulled over on the road behind me watching.
Jason's first encounter with cobra went like this.....while the cobra handler looks on unphased.  I guess, it was only hissing and lunging so why not just sit back and have a smoke. 
And then why not kill and then eat the cobra.....i took a pass on the cobra blood mixed with the gall bladder and spinal cartilage.
 Rambutan (a fruit).....how I love you.
Picking some duku fruit with my koran/Arabic teacher.  Forever grateful that I had to learn Indonesian and not Arabic.....and not sure why I would attempt to learn a new language from a man who knows no English.  But it's been a blessing already.  Assalamu alaikum....
I spent a good 10 minutes in pursuit of this lizard....so you better enjoy it!
While this bug, was much more photo friendly.  Guess what plant it is on? Hint: I eat it three times a day.
Door-to-door communion with a pastor and a few other church members was powerful.  It is for those unable to come to church because of health issues.  I have never been in such a small dirty house, maybe 3 meters wide with her bed in front of you when you step through the front door.  We did communion with her on her bed--there is something amazing about doing communion with someone right in the messiness and reality of life.
Walking to another home to do communion, and a fan club started with these school kids.

50 meters from my home, this is the street market.  I declined the attempted sale of a live catfish today.
I journey with the Evangelism group at church ( led by one of my mothers) to a city 5 hours away.  We had a church service with this recently baptized Chinese traditional fortune teller/healer.  
I guess I need a blue shirt, the plaid red shirt just doesn't help me cause in Indonesia.  Here are many of the young adults, celebrating 6 years of there program "Vox Reformata" ( Voice of Reformation).  Mennonite or Christian Reformed?  The lined is very blurred here.  

2 comments:

  1. Jason, reality is not as it meant to be...
    Hmm [thinking]...or, should I say: Reality is always stranger than it used to be? Welcome to the other side of the world. Ha ha ha ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear all about your adventures again and see some of your life in Java!! Glad you are doing well and will continue to keep you in our prayers!! Be assured that God is using you in a wonderful way for His Kingdom!! Auntie Mary-Ann and Uncle John P.S Have you had to get a haircut yet??

    ReplyDelete