Thursday, August 11, 2011

Almost there....

I'm sitting in the Toronto airport, and it is a relief to have the good-byes and the preparation behind me.  I am only hours away from meeting LOTS of new faces, I can't wait for that.  For those that know me well, you will know that I will want to talk to everyone of the 119 other participants at orientation.  I'm not sure how I will do that, but I know that orientation will be one exciting week of expectation of the year ahead for everyone there.

WOW......I have been amazed by the encouragement and prayers that I have received from my family, friends and people that I have only come to know because of this trip.  It is powerful to have so many people in prayer behind me on this trip.  It is a true blessing from God that He has placed so many beautiful people in my life that have propelled me to this place in my life where I can go to Indonesia for a year serving in a church.  It is only by the grace of God that I have been surrounded by you and that I can do this and respond to this call to serve His people in Indonesia.  

I have wanted to spend a significant amount of time in a cross-cultural and inter-faith setting for a looooong time.  But I have waited and allowed the Lord to prepare a place for me.  It has been agonizing to wait, but I trust that the Lord has amazing plans for me.  Plans for me to wrestle with the injustice, pain and brokenness of the world.  And plans to stand amazed at the joy and beauty of His people.  And plans to always bring me to the foot of the Cross.  

I could write forever about why I want to do this, what I am thinking, what the Lord has taught me over the last 5 months of waiting and preparation.  But I hope that comes out in future posts because I need to hop on a plane right now.  Oh yah, I have a really funny story about my commissioning service at my sending church.  stay tuned....  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jas!
    Great to hear you made it to Toronto already! I cant wait to read this every morning, or every how often you update this. It is going to be great to follow your journey and see what God is doing in your life there! again I say all the best, and may your travels be blessed and I hope you settle in nice and quick!
    Have a good one Jason!
    -Jakob

    ReplyDelete